Yellow, red, or white, onions always bring an extra layer of taste. Strong yet subtly sweet when cooked, onions liven up in a dish in texture, color, and flavor. Better yet, they’re high in complex sugars, which encourage a health metabolism. A resourceful vegetable, onions are suitable to most cooking methods, but pair best with hearty dishes. Next time onions make you cry, they’ll be tears of joy.
Peak Season: January - December
- The Easiest Way to Peel an Onion
- Our Top Flavor Combinations for Onions
- What’s the Difference Between Shallots and Onions?
- Ham It Up: 6 Fruits and Veggies To Add To Christmas Ham
- Stuffed: The Best Fruits and Veggies For Your Thanksgiving Stuffing
- Save Some Green: Making The Most Out’ve Your Produce Budget
- How To Best Handle And Store Onions In Your Kitchen
- An Onion For All Season(ing)s
- Red Wing
- Spanish (Vidalia/Walla Walla)