- Keep them cool! In order to maintain their crisp texture, baby carrots should be kept between 32-36℉.
- Never store in water, as this softens the texture. Be sure to rinse only before use.
- In order to maximize shelf live, keep baby carrots away from high ethylene-producing fruits like apples, citrus, bananas, and avocados. Unwarranted ethylene exposure causes the vegetable to spoil sooner.
- Baby carrots, if kept in an airtight container or bag, have an impressive shelf-life, often keeping for up to 30 days.
- See an exterior white blush on the carrot? This is an indicator of dehydration that can be counteracted by a quick ice bath.
- Baby carrots are washed, cut, and peeled before they hit the market, so they can be enjoyed straight out of the bag!
- Try tossing your baby carrots with olive oil, salt, and pepper in a roasting pan, then placing in the oven at 400℉ for 15-20 minutes for an appetizer that enhances their naturally sweet flavor.
- Easy to pick up and eat on their own or dip in various sauces, baby carrots are a crisp, healthy alternative to chips.
- For a refreshingly simple treat, try juicing leftover baby carrots and combining with lemonade in a popsicle mold! There never was an easier way to get kids to enjoy their veggies.
Did you know?
With a wide variety of colors such as red, purple, yellow and white, rainbow baby carrots offer a huge amount of color and taste when supplemented for the standard orange variety? Better yet, they require the same storage and usage requirements as regular baby carrots, so you can save on time!