- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 3-4 lemons)
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Sunkist lemon zest
- 1 3/4 cups whole milk
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- In a medium bowl, mix sugar, flour and salt; set aside.
- In a clean mixer bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form, then set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together egg yolks, freshly squeezed Sunkist® lemon juice, freshly grated Sunkist lemon zest, milk and melted butter. Add dry ingredients and mix in until smooth.
- With a rubber spatula, gently fold egg whites into batter.
- Lightly spray a 3-quart slow-cooker insert with cooking spray, and carefully pour in batter.
- Cook on high for 60 minutes, until cake is set on top and custard underneath has set.
- Remove slow-cooker insert from heating element immediately. Serve warm or chilled.
• To bake in an oven, follow directions above and pour batter into a 7x11-inch glass baking dish. Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for about 25 minutes, until cake is set and bottom layer is custardy.