- 2 medium zucchini, ends trimmed
- 1 cactus pear
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp minced shallot
- 1/2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 head red leaf lettuce, shredded
- 4 fresh figs, quartered
- 1/3 cup toasted chopped walnuts
- Using a spiralizer, turn zucchini into long strands, trimming with clean kitchen shears.
- Using small sharp knife, slice off each end of cactus pear and make cut in thick skin from top to bottom. Peel back thick skin and discard. Slice fruit; set aside.
- Whisk together oil, vinegar, shallot, lemon zest, lemon juice, mustard, honey, salt and pepper.
- Toss zucchini, cactus and lettuce with dressing; top with figs and walnuts.