- 24 Bright Lights® Swiss chard stems, cut into 4-inch pieces, leaves reserved
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard seed
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced for another use
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups white vinegar
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place chard stems in jars. (They should be cut 1/2-inch shorter than the jars.) Divide celery seed, mustard seed, jalapeño, and garlic evenly into 2 (16-ounce) mason jars.
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, bring water, vinegar, sugar, and salt to a boil. Pour mixture into jars and let cool.
- Cover with lid and refrigerate a minimum of 2 days before serving.