- 2 cups Naturipe Blueberries
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp liquid smoke
- salt and pepper
- hot sauce
- For the Blueberry Puree: combine the blueberries, honey and water to a small saucepan
- Heat over medium-high heat until blueberries have softened and burst open – about 10 minutes.
- Place into food processor or blender and puree until relatively smooth – a few one second pulses.
- For the Sauce: whisk together ketchup, molasses, cider vinegar, brown sugar and liquid smoke together into a medium bowl.
- Add the blueberry puree and mix until combined.
- Season to taste with additional salt, pepper, and/or hot sauce.
- * Can be stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for several weeks.