- 1 pound Queen Victoria Brussels sprouts, washed, dried, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 6 small, red-skinned new potatoes, chopped to fine dice
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 whole large eggs, plus 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 1 cup shredded pepper-jack
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 400 degrees and line a muffin tin with cupcake papers.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high flame. Add sprouts, potatoes, shallot, salt and pepper and sauté for 5-10 minutes until just starting to brown. Remove from heat and place in large bowl.
- Whisk eggs and milk together and stir half into vegetable mixture along with cheese and parsley.
- Divide amongst cupcake papers. Pour some remaining egg mixture over top of each and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake until golden brown, around twenty minutes, rotating pan half-way through. Cool slightly on wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Leftovers freeze well and warm in microwave (if not using foil papers) for a quick, on-the-go breakfast.