- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, melted
- 4 packages Driscoll's blackberries
- 1/4 cup sugar plus 1 teaspoon, divided
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Stir blackberries, 1/4 cup sugar, and cornstarch in a medium bowl.
- Pour berry mixture into an 8-inch or 9-inch square baking dish.
- Whisk flour, 1 cup sugar, and baking powder into medium bowl.
- Stir in melted butter with a fork until dough comes together. Do not over mix!
- Gather dough together with fingers.
- Divide dough into 9 loose balls.
- Flatten balls into discs about 1/2-inch thick.
- Place dough discs into berry mixture, spacing evenly.