- 7 stalks Bright Lights® Swiss Chard
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups diced butternut squash (See Tip)
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Remove the colorful stems from the Bright Lights® and cut the stems into 1/2-inch pieces; set aside. Cut the leaves of 2 of the stems in half lengthwise and then into ¼-inch ribbons; set those aside as well. (Wrap up the remaining 5 leaves and save them for a salad or another use.)
- In a soup pot over medium heat, heat oil until hot. Sauté onion and garlic for 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Add chicken broth, Bright Lights® stems, (not the leafy part), squash, potatoes, nutmeg, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the cut-up Bright Lights® leaves and continue to simmer for 5 to 8 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
Salad Savoy Tip! Rather than trying to cut up fresh butternut squash, pick up a 16ounce package of fresh diced butternut squash in your produce aisle. It’s a whole lot easier!