- ¹/3 cup minced yellow onion
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Opal® apple, cored and minced (skin on)
- 1 cup cubed, peeled oven roasted butternut squash
- 1 cup low sodium organic vegetable broth
- ½ tsp. minced garlic
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. sprouted pumpkin seeds (optional)
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1.5 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 Opal® apple, minced
- In a small saucepan over low heat, sauté onion in olive oil until translucent.
- Transfer to mini food processor and add minced apple, roasted butternut squash, broth, garlic, cinnamon, pepper, and sea salt.
- Blend until smooth. Transfer blended soup back to the saucepan
- Heat on low to warm through, stirring occasionally, about five mins. Garnish with pumpkin seeds (optional).